Thursday, September 10, 2009

Fun Places to Take Visitors in the Prescott area:

My aunt, who is herself new to the area has some visitors coming at a time that we cannot be around to share. She asked me for a list of places that we might want to take them.

There are all the big places on the tourist maps - and there are plenty of them! There are also the music, theater and art events listed in the Daily Courier. But this recent post from Walking Prescott reminds me that there are many other sights prized mainly by locals:

Walking Prescott: Western kitsch galore!
The Lone Spur and Zekes

Where and what else is a good but lesser known event or restaurant or store or what-have-you?
Nominations from me:
  1. The Petroglyph Hill in Vista Park, Prescott
  2. The new Slick Rock trail in the Dells off Heritage Park
  3. Lynx Lake and German Night at Lynx Lake Cafe
  4. Peavine Trail
  5. The Equipoise statue, the Library Lizard, and the Yavapai College Lizard by Heather Johnson Beary
I have a lot more ideas too - let's see what we can come up with!

2 comments:

  1. 6. Oh, oh -- you forgot the library lion up on the brick wall -- he's my favorite of the lot.

    7. Take them down the White Spar and back.

    8. A real cowboy bar -- over in Kirkland (I presume it's still open).

    9. Dare ya -- take a Real 4WD vehicle down the Senator to Crown King. Plan on taking all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Crown King Golf Tourney on Sept 26th. I wouldn't miss that.

    ReplyDelete

Anyone can leave a comment now